Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Life on the Edge

No literally, our casita is on the edge of a cliff! Crazy right? But what a view of the ocean...



Life is great here in Olon, we arrived in good order and have been completely spoiled thus far by our "mamita" Fatima. We each have our own room but the wall between them isn´t sealed at the top so we can still converse. There is so much joy here that it is impossible to not partake. The missionary/consecrated women are so beautiful (and often hilarious) and have said that it is an answer to their prayers that a social worker has come to help. What a beautiful confirmation of my little "fiat" to the Lord. I only hope now to learn Spanish well enough to be useful to them.

Internet is about a 30 min walk so we should get out here once a week I think so please keep the emails and posts coming, it is wonderful to hear from home. I also hope that the next time I get out here I will be able to post a few pictures of our casita, the name by the way is Rosa Mistica, after the miraculous statue of Our Lady of the Mystical Rose that is housed in one of the chapels in the ¨boat¨ (our main building with church on top is shaped like a boat...see picture on blog).

Please also check back soon, I hope to add a "wish list" for the base as there are many things that they need. For now we need prayers (and a new vehicle for the base...if you have an extra). Much love (again)...Mb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my beautiful little missionary! know that you are in my prayers so so much, and that i am so proud of you! just as a heads-up, Jesse Michael and I have a date set that hopefully works with your missionary plans. 06-07-08. Can't quite forget that!
love love love you, if i knew any spanish i would try to write in it, but alas...you've got a missionary intercessor, though! until again, Col